Just a Guy and a Guitar


Probably nothing to see here. For music, http://6bq9.tumblr.com/ for hopes that the future will actually be better than we can imagine http://churchofthebigempty.tumblr.com/

Answers not necessarily related to questions.

6bq9:

Another interesting week in my life equals another interesting week of music. collect them all at bandcamp https://6bq9.bandcamp.com/album/ive-said-too-much-vol-vi

Yeah, what my alter-ego said.

6bq9:

Continuing progress on the guitar rebuild. Probably be finished next week. The faceplate will be cut from a piece of 1/4 in. birch plywood I picked up at Lowe’s. They also had som nic oak. This has plenty of interesting grain that will only look better sanded and oil finished. I mocked up what it might look like for the final picture.

First coat of oil finish.

All mostly cleaned up and sanded. One more stripper cleanup wash, then let it dry and apply the oil. I took the overhead shots so I can draw on them to run through some ideas for the face and back plates. Need to draw out the angled placement of the 13 pin jack in the back cover, and a door for the battery would be nice while I’m at it. 

6bq9:

The stripping of the guitar body. I still need to wash it and sand it, then I’ll be putting some danish oil on it. Newest at top.

those cheap 70’s finishes were TOUGH!

6bq9:

Day 37 of “The Work,” Yesterday’s dissonance has been ironed out a little. Dialed down the arpeggiators and added more delays in series. removed many notes, adjusted the remainder to something resembling a key. because the first 2 tracks were 5 minutes long, this track marks 360 minutes of music so far in “The Work.” Five CD’s with two tracks from week six in progress.

6 hours so far.

Week 5 now available on bandcamp

6bq9:

https://6bq9.bandcamp.com/album/ive-said-too-much-vol-v image

6bq9:

I finally got the ghost acoustic midi conversion, and with ordinary hand tools converted the stock bridge blocks from JCustom - these are the same ones Carvin uses on the Alan Holdsworth Headless - by removing the saddle inserts and then removing the sidewalls with a diamond needle file. The saddle inserts are the same width as the Ghost saddles, but not full width. The ghost saddles are an exact fit in the resulting slot. I’m putting the 13 pin jack in the back of the guitar, but I haven’t worked out the details of the mount yet.

6bq9:

Listen/purchase: I’ve Said Too Much Vol. IV by 6bq9

And for those you playing along at home, you can get the whole experiment a week at a time as it is made from http://6bq9.bandcamp.com/

6bq9:

Week 4 of the experiment in a playlist